DOT regulations are constantly changing. Stay up to date with the latest updates.
Am I Covered by DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Regulations?
Many employees and employers have asked "How do I know if I am subject to the U.S. Department of Transportation drug and alcohol testing regulations?"
To answer this question, we have developed the following decision tree to assist you in determining if you are covered or not. The decision tree is only a guide and does not replace or supersede the actual regulations.
The decision tree begins by answering this simple question:
REGULATORY LATEST UPDATE
- CFR PART 40
- DOT ISSUES FINAL RULE ON CHANGES TO 49 CFR PART 40
- NEW FEDERAL CCF FOR DOT DRUG TESTING
- FMCSA ISSUES RULE ON SCHEDULE I MEDICATION
- ODAPC NOTICE
- DOT FINAL RULE: allows the use of electronic version of the Federal Drug Testing Custody and Control Form (eCCF) in the DOT-regulated drug testing program
- DOT FINAL RULE: Medical Examiner's Certification Integration
- FEDERAL REGISTER, THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMANSERVICES (HHS) PUBLISHED TWO IMPORTANT NOTICES
- DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES (HHS), PUBLISHED A NOTICE REQUEST FOR INFORMATION REGARDING THE USE OF HAIR SPECIMEN FOR DRUG TESTING